View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 11:07 AM   #5
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraman149 View Post
cheers for the help mate. i havnt actually got my car yet but towards the middle of the year i will be getting one. Im not actually sure how much psi to run. some people dont like to touch it and other people i have talked to have put the psi up. what would u reccomend for the size of a single turbo and how much would you run through yours. When im finished with it, it has to be able to beat a r32 gtr haha but i want a reliable every day car aswell

thanks
You run as much PSI as the fuel you're running will support. With 93 (R+M)/2 pump gas, that's about 16psi. Anything more will slowly damage your pistons (measurable via compression/leakdown test). With race fuel (eg C16, you can run 30psi or more).
To beat an R32, you'll need several mods, including wider tires, a fuel system with bigger injectors and multiple fuel pumps, a bigger turbo(s), and a fuel controller or aftermarket ecu. If you have an auto transmission on your Mkiv TT, you'll need to get that modded. With a 6spd, you'll need an aftermarket (eg. twin disk) clutch.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote