View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #6
My88isGREAT
Stock

My88isGREAT is on a distinguished road

Sounds great only 85k original miles. Don't forget to open the back plastic "doors" in the rear hatch and put your hand down in the rear quarter panels to check for any standing water. I had no problem like that with the timing belt. I completely rebuilt mine on my own with some help from my dad (a Mopar fanatic) . The timing belt uses the tensioner to set it, make sure you take a pic of the cam gears at top dead center so when you put it back together you will know it is the same. Once you put the belt on and release the timing belt tensioner, you turn the motor over by hand 2 times, then check that it is right with no loose spots, or the same tension on both sides. If you need parts http://www.sipracingmailorder.com/servlet/StoreFront is the bomb and Rich is a great guy. Hope it works out for you Chris! If you get the car PM me and I'll mail you a factory shop manual for it. I like when people take initiative to get these cars going. I know where one is that is just setting and the guy will not come off it, and I am too broke to flash some money at him to change his mind.
My88isGREAT is offline   Reply With Quote