View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 11:41 PM   #6
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmkop View Post
il start of with afgas 100/115 LL it has 0.3 TEL dont know much more ,first will use stock injectors and see how much boost i can get. later stage want to use e85 ethanol.this sizes apparently is for 450-600 hp turbo that is all they say.Does the sizes look rite or not

Intake :4 inch
Outlet: 2.5 inch
Compressor trim: .70 ar
Compressor Wheel diameter: 66.71 /84.20
Turbine wheel diameter : 63.56 /73.60
Exhaust trim: 1.00ar
1) You have what's usually referred to as a 67mm turbo. This is considered an approximate 700rwhp turbo through a 6spd.
2) This turbo will outflow the stock injectors, so running it without an upgraded fuel kit is dangerous. If for some reason your boost control fails, your air outflows your fuel, and melted pistons result (even with race fuel or aviation fuel). You need to get rid of the oem fuel system immediately. Your new fuel system should use at least 780cc (75#) injectors.
3) Boost is not determined by the fuel, it's determined by your turbo and your fuel controller. If you block off your wastegate (or modify the boost controller to achieve the equivalent) your turbo is capable of well over 35psi of sustained boost... However, don't run it that high! You must use your boost controller to ensure that you do not run more boost than the octane of your fuel can support.
4) Are you running an auto or a 6spd?
5) I believe that the exhaust a/r on this turbo is inappropriate for your application (too large). Ask your supplier if you can replace it for a smaller exhaust housing (eg. .80 a/r)
6) The compressor housing outlet is a bit small. See if you can get it replaced with a housing that has a 3" outlet.
7) Which intercooler are you planning to use?

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 04-10-2011 at 11:30 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote