View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 01:14 AM   #7
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

A non-interference engine is only such as long as the distance between the piston crown and the valves isn't reduced beyond a given point. I don't remember how much room you've got on the 7M before that safety margin is gone.... But, that has absolutely nothing to do with timing.

No, even with slack being pulled up by the idler the timing is still skewed.... You're not removing the slack evenly, just on one side.

BT's right though, the difference is negligible and in most cases not a concern.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote