View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #24
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JZDU View Post
hi mate, I have replaced an good working igniter, but the code 14 is still there, and I have take a longer vedio this time but I got two code of 42, it almost drives me crazy ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5tlmKcrUZA
Yep it's codes 14 and 42 for sure. The TSRM will help you to diagnose each code. This isn't 'rocket science' or voodoo. Each code has a series of troubleshooting steps, detailed in the TSRM, that will always resolve the code. Think of it this way - even a high-school graduate Toyota mechanic has to be able to follow the instructions! No slam against high school grads at all - I often wish I had a job that let me get outdoors or get some exercise during the day instead of being stuck behind a desk.

14 is your "Ingition Signal" (not necessarily your igniter). It could also be an open or short in the circuit, or a problem with the ECM itself. You'll likely have to diagnose the problem with a multimeter.

...and 42 is a problem with your "No. 1 Vehicle Speed Sensor" (or the electrical connection to it from the ecu). Replace the sensor and/or troubleshoot the wiring with a multimeter.

Again, get the TSRM!!! It'll save you time and $$$. Really!

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote