View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 03:23 AM   #1
2genfun
3" Exhaust

2genfun is on a distinguished road
Default 7mge running poorly...suggestions?

so here the story...i blew a head gasket, sent the head out and got it resurfaced and checked for cracks. the heads good. put it all back together and i guess the distributor was off a tooth. although it ran very strong at idle it had a funny prrrrrr...blip, blip, prrrr. and it was running at 25 degrees advance timing. so i rechecked the timing found out the cams were both off a tooth. now timing is perfect no bliping from the distributor and car runs at 10 degrees as indicated by the hood diagram (and timing light). when cranked up it would run at 1400 rpm. so i checked the idle screw and got the idle back down to about 750. So heres the problem. When cold the car bogs down under throttle with no misfire basically just making no power. when hot it runs better but u can still feel as though its lacking power. what puzzles me is that if i advance the distributor a tooth it runs very stong again but then has the bliping and wont idle. its mind baffling so any suggestion ill see if they work. thanks