View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 06:17 AM   #5
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1 View Post
i did it cold and dry and i did that to see if i blew my head gasket then this started.
The reason for doing it warm is so that the rings will expand and valves will have a more true seating... that way compression escaping past the rings isn't mistaken for bad rings. The wet test (done with the right amount of oil) will only ensure that even less air escapes past the rings; The two (wet and dry) are used to determine the health of the rings. Also, keep in mind that if the air can escape past the rings too easily it'll never get pressed past a small leak in a HG... no good for diagnosis at all in that case.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote