View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 12:36 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Getting collector or classic plates isn't going to do you any good, they're not transferable to the new owner (in any state); Unless you've got another one of your own cars you can transfer them too it's a waste of money.

If you're willing to sit on it long enough you can find a buyer at almost any price. Don't expect to get more than a poor condition MKIV Supra though, about $10K is probably the cap (IF it's turbo, if not $7K) and you will probably be waiting for a good amount of time.

Low miles and original hoses and belts on a very old car is not necessarily a good thing. Belts, hoses, vacuum tubes dry and crack with age as much as from wear. Oil seals dry, shrink and crack too without the moisturizer in the oil conditioning them regularly. I wouldn't advertise that the rubber components are original... at least not to a knowledgeable buyer.

Regardless, with that kind of mileage it is definitely worth a good deal more than average to many buyers and I wish you the best of luck and hope you find a great home for it!
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote