Thread: Internals
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
Travis89Turbo
12psi boost

Travis89Turbo is on a distinguished road
Question

Those IMO Are the best rods available. I have ran them on 3 Honda engines one over 750hp never had one break. But I might add I had the genius of honda tuning it...enough of hondas though.

Now for pistons i would go with either JE or CP. Both are about bullet proof ( with a good tune) and can be bought as a set with eagle h beam rods.

Now cams. And valvetrain. I would go with Brian crower. Prob 264 if ur gonna drive it on the street. BC cam are newer to the market compared to say comp cams or edelbrock. But BC is growing FAST and tonz of supra guys are running his cams! He tends to focus mostly on imports! He makes great springs and titanium retainers...

Dont forget the fuel system as well. Which I kno u are only asking for internal parts. But I am really bored and broke my hand yesterday so I have nothing else to do but talk. I myself am gonna go with a EMS stinger standalone computer. There again a lot of supra guys are running these so u can find a base map to get u running and then tune from there. This is the most important part! You can have the best parts in the world but with a bad tune either be slow or worse. blow something up. Not to mention you could hit 500 as a low mark and more like 600 as a high! Don't forget injectors. I'd suggest bout 680cc with Walbro 255 in tank and one inline. and of course an AFPR.

Good luck!

1995 Toyota Supra SE 71k miles. Master power T70
stock 2jzge

1989 Toyota Supra. 1jzgte swap 5 speed of course..
Driftmotion 60-1 single turbo kit. Cxracing FMIC. 2jz 550cc injectors... soon to come..... EMS Stinger. BC 264 cams 680cc injectors Spec stage 4 clutch and A LOT of boost!------SOLD

1999 Ford F350 diesel

2004 Jaguar XJR Supercharged

If it hasnt broke you haven pushed it hard enough!!
Travis89Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote