View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 12:43 AM   #7
Piggy808
Stock

Piggy808 is on a distinguished road

Hey...im a pretty cheap guy when it comes to gas...so i run up 87 at the pump with 10% ethanol...i havent seen anywhere else that doesnt say 10%...anyways...its always bogged and the timing setting was at about 12 degrees Advanced from TDC...thats when i got the car...I advanced it to about 16 degrees cuz im a noob at this kind of stuff and i guess i got the gear on wrong for the distributor and could only retard it to about 15 degrees...anyways the car ran pretty darn good...burnin rubber and stuff.

A few days ago i decided that i should try and put the distributor on right and the timing back to 10 degrees like the manual says. and its back to bogging at the lower rpms at the factory settings. So a few days of bogging and I decide that maybe the crank marking is wrong and I rather want it to run like before, so as im going through the process of adjusting the distributor gear to advance it a bit...some dude comes out and ask me about my supra. To make a long story short, he had the same problem and it cleared right up when he changed to buying the 92 gas for fuel. and to be honest, i did what he said, ran the gas out...then filled it with 92, and the car seems to run better.

My questions are: Is the 7mge meant to run 92 only? What about the stuff i mentioned earlier about running at 15 degrees plus advanced, and running fine with 87? I happen to get free gas but only 87...thats why im asking. Thanks for reading through and any helpful comments are much apreciated.
Piggy808 is offline   Reply With Quote