Thread: BHG symptoms
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 06:19 AM   #1
Rob1
3" Exhaust

Rob1 is on a distinguished road
Default BHG symptoms

Sorry i know i have been blowing you guys up lately lol but yet another question.

I have a small yet troublsome oil leak near the turbo on my car, really only notice it at idle after a hard pull, not when engine is cool but that is not really my issue.

Ilet it idle for about ten min after about a thirty min drive, and when i came out the oil puddle under the car was about the size of a base ball. nut the volume didnt concern me, its the fact that it was distinctly light brown like coffee, obviously a sign of a BHG.

So i took the car home and drained about 4 oz. of oil out of it and the oil was just black, no milky color whatsoever!

I dont understand how this is possible, if the leaking oil had water in it then all the oil should be the same color right? and before draining the oil i let it idle about five min so that if the water was sitting on the top of the oil it would mix in and i could see it but it looked like normal oil!

Any ideas about how this is possible? im going to run a commpression test monday and see if i can depict if a cylinder(or several) have low commpression possibly due to a BHG but im pretty stumped as to why this happened.

Also i pulled all my spark plugs out and besides the slight puddle of oil around the plug on my farthest rear cylinder, everything seemed fine. i shined a light into each cylinder and they all seemed to be dry. The commpression test will reveal more but i asill dont know what going on with the oil.

any input would be great, thanks a bunch