View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 01:57 AM   #12
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis89Turbo View Post
The w58 (NA trans) will work but you have to use a na clutch with turbo flywheel. Which you will be way over powering a stock na clutch so id recommend upgrading.. stay away from ebay clutchs.. The r154 (turbo) trans is alot more robust and reliable under higher HP. But it uses a pull style clutch not a push type like the w58.
WTF?? Why would he use a R154 flywheel with a W58? Use the W58 flywheel... it's a tad smaller and lighter and there's no difference in contact area... besides, the W58's pressure plate won't fit the R154's flywheel as far as I remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis89Turbo View Post
I'm pretty sure all US supras have ABS.
No, most do not have it. It was an option only.

I'm pretty sure all you need to do is route the NSW through the clutch safety switch... it will operate just like a factory 5 speed as it prevents the circuit opening relay from closing unless the clutch is pressed.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar...px?S=Main&P=46
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 02-17-2011 at 02:07 AM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote