View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 04:54 AM   #1
spunkenhimer
Intake

spunkenhimer is on a distinguished road
Default 88 supra still with problems 7MGE

OK so here is the just. I blew a head gasket and replaced it. put it all back together and now the engine stays cool but i keep getting cool air out of the heating system in the car itself.

The car doesn't want to stay at a proper idle and when i try to rev it to about 2000rpm it starts to fluctuate from 1200rpm to 2000rpm over and over unless i give it more gas and get it to about 3000rpm and it'll stay there. If i let off the gass it'll drop below 1000rpm and eventually die.

Might have 2 seperate problems here but i don't know. the heating in the car worked before i did the gasket replacement and i swear i checked my lines 4 even 5 times before i went to hook it all up.

one last thing after i thought i had it finished i took it to a local gas station and got some gas but on the way back my throttle got stuck mid shift and went up too like 7000rpm and i had to turn the car off at that high of an rpm and stop and get out and fix it thats cause i didn't screw down the throttle linkage down all the way. that happened in between the car cutting off on its own.

Please help me i need my Berniece back she means so much to me.
spunkenhimer is offline   Reply With Quote