View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 11:12 PM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1 View Post
Thanks, the knock sensor code is because the knock sensor on the driver side of the car under intake manifold is broken off.

i have not yet located the second but there is a way to bypass the knock sensor to kill that code right? are those instructions in this forum?
On the GTE block the #1 knock sensor is located between cylinders #1 and #2. The #2 knock sensor is between #5 and #6. On the GE there is only one located between #3 and #4.

No, you can't bypass it... not without a lot of creative electronics (see custom).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1 View Post
and could the ecu's adjustment to the knock sensor code be causing the o2 sensor code because the car is running very rich?
It's more likely that the ECU running in limp mode (that's what you're experiencing by the way) has killed the O2 sensor. The O2 sensor is the least of your worries. I'd just unplug it for the time being.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote