View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 03:59 AM   #1
Rob1
3" Exhaust

Rob1 is on a distinguished road
Default 89 supra turbo missing after warm

I recently bought a 1989 supra turbo, targa, 5-speed. it has an 87 front clip due to a wreck by the previous owner, it has a T61 turbo, 550cc RC injectors, a SAFC11, and i have recipts showing that at some point it was tuned by a local speed shop, Carma performance engineering. I talked to Carma the remembered the car because they said it had huge issues with the engine wire harness. they replaced it but its still not perfect. they said when it left their shop it was running fine. ok now up tomy ownership of the car. when starting in the morning, it take maybe ten rotations of the motor befor it hits a lick, then dies, about 5 rotations after that it will start and if givin a little gas it will run fine. it runs perfect untill the idle dropps when the thermostat opens, at that point it starts missing pretty bad at idle, somewhat during steady cruising, but non at all durnig hard acceleration. It will also die when clutch is pressed only after moderatly hard acceleration. I have no clue what it is. The check engine light is on and throwing codes 21-o2 sensor signal, 22- water temp sensor signal, and 52-Knock sensor signal. any ideas about what im looking at here? Thanks to all who read that whole thing!! any advise is welcomed