View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 03:03 AM   #15
El_supracabra
Intake

El_supracabra is on a distinguished road

That's a pretty good article. Although it does sort of lump the ideas of p&p and bowl/chamber blending into the same category.

Most people do them together although it's only necessary to blend the combustion chambers if you want to decrease the risk of ping or ultimately run lower octane fuel/higher compression ratios. The fact that it is an aluminum head with a "hemi-style" valve arrangement makes it an ideal candidate for high compression. But def strengthen up that HG with a metal one and run studs before going any higher than 9.5:1. I hope to achieve close to 10.5:1 with my setup. Although I will be running 92 octane at the very least. I am running +sized pistons, a thinner MLS cometic HG, the head has been milled .020" and the block has been milled .007" it still remains a non-interference motor so there is still room for more. Lol but I don't want to mill anymore than that.

Oh yeah last thing, when you are blending, try not to take too much off of the port divider, it's easy to significantly increase your combustion chamber size and thereby reduce your comp rat.

CHEVROLET- Cracked Heads, Every Valve Rattles, Oil Leaks Every Time

FORD- Flipped Over, Rebuilt Dodge

DODGE- Dirty Old Dust Gathering Engine

I'd rather drive a Toyota, than push a ford.
El_supracabra is offline   Reply With Quote