View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 08:03 AM   #8
El_supracabra
Intake

El_supracabra is on a distinguished road

Ok, not sure about the whole rpm difference thing. I would think that would be controlled by the ECU and have NOTHING to do with the crank/block/heads. IMO.

However, the ONLY difference (that i am aware of) is the turbo pistons are dished giving it a lower compression ratio (8.5:1??) whereas the NA pistons are flat top w/ valve reliefs and has a compression ratio around 9.2 (those comp rats could be wrong, if somebody knows for sure plz correct) and there are oil squirters under the turbo pistons to keep them cool. Also, as someone else mentioned, the cams on the NA heads are slightly more aggressive, and offer a slight *bolt on* upgrade from the milder turbo cams.

As far as the blown headgasket problem, I recently picked up a "Cometic" multilayered stainless steel gasket, w arp studs. DEF better than the stock graphite w stock bolts. I have heard that all of the "turbo fanboys" are all running cometic or HKS and are pushing 20-30 psi boost through those w/ out blowing them. good luck!

CHEVROLET- Cracked Heads, Every Valve Rattles, Oil Leaks Every Time

FORD- Flipped Over, Rebuilt Dodge

DODGE- Dirty Old Dust Gathering Engine

I'd rather drive a Toyota, than push a ford.
El_supracabra is offline   Reply With Quote