View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #6
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_DAWG84 View Post
I know what your saying I wish I had the gte platform to start with I almost had one last summer.It was nice had 175.000k on it though it was not taken care of verry well.. I know this tt swap is gonna be way more money to complete but I have a good job and slowly geting the parts as I can find them is my plan... The big chunk is the six speed with the gte engine about 5-6 k on ebay...Braking system isnt gonna be cheap either havnt even started looking into that yet oh well I love the supra makes me feel good just taking it out owned many cars in the last 10 years...The integra, 300zx ,crx and a talon the supra is by far the best looking import in its age (my opinion) Thanks for the advise I know im gonna have more questions and foresure problems coming my way once the ge engine has been pulled another 15k or more to get what I want its not much cosidering all the money I spent on nothing since I started working at least I will have a fast ass car that will beat my old mans 66 396 chevelle and pontiac g8 I will be a happy camper cuz right now he would destroy me with either of those cars lol.....
Sounds like you have the right perspective - it may not be the most economical way to go, but if you're committed to changing all the systems to end up with a full TT, my hat's off to you. It'll be great having another TT instead of an n/a. To me, Toyota should never have built the n/a - the more of them get rid of by fully upgrading, the better.

That said, you asked if the n/a diff would do the job. The answer is: it depends. If all you want is the oem "320hp", then yes, it'll probably work. However, ...after the engine, tranny and braking system swap, suspension, etc... if you want to go to a large single turbo then you'll very likely break the n/a diff. You can do one of two things: Wait till it breaks, and then replace it...or replace it up front. Note that the n/a diff requires a driveshaft of a different length than the TT diff, so you may have to play 'musical driveshafts' while you try different tranny+diff combinations.

Good luck with the project, and please stay in touch.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote