View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 10:59 PM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

No, my car wasn't equipped with TEMS at all. It's pretty common for people to ditch the TEMS though. I've driven a few MKIII's with both new and old shocks on the TEMS system and I must say that when new it's a pretty nice feature... but if I lived in an area with better roads I'd still got for a more predictable setup. Some mildly aggressive, progressive rate springs and some good dampers. My setup was Eibach springs with KYB G-2 dampers... The KYB's cost less then the Tokico blue dampers and have better reliability. If you're going to keep the TEMS I think the only damper that's still available that's compatible is the Tokico Illumina II; They're supposed to be fairly reliable and perform well in my opinion.

There are a lot of options out there and a number of things to consider. Do some research and you should be able to decide without a lot of headache.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote