View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

First off, that's a GTE throttle body and won't mate up.

Second, on a N/A it would be a waste of money. You need to remember that the trade off for volume is velocity. In a N/A engine you want velocity, not a much slower moving denser charge. In "by the seat of your pants" testing there really would be no noticeable difference but any perceived gain is purely imagination.

The only throttle body mod I've seen done that I am unsure of but would like to see a LOT more data on is a dual throttle body... one on each side of the Y pipe's exit. I've also seen a dual butterfly TB from a Mustang fitted, but I suspect there would actually be a loss, smaller opening area and a lot of angled surface area to slow the air and create turbulence.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote