View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 04:35 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I see... they're including one of the chasis options in there... The standard that was determined with is slightly different then. I didn't realize the agreed upon standards left options with regard to the inclusion or omission of data.

If it's not printed in the door jamb of the car you're going to need to check with a dealer in Europe; possibly one in Germany. You may have luck with CarFax... I don't have a subscription and no work access anymore otherwise I'd have already run it for you.

The following is from a Ford wiki, but it shows where the subtle differences are. The 11th and 12th digits are year, month, respectively. The year and date codes are still invalid according to what I'm able to find..... call a dealer.
European VIN format

Position Sample Description 1 W World Manufacturer identifier 2 F 3 0 4 p Body type 5 x XX 6 x 7 G Model line 8 c Factory ID 9 d Model 10 p Body type 11 8 Year 12 a Month 13 6 Sequential number 14 7 15 8 16 4 17 4

American VIN format

Ford does not directly encode the platform name in the VIN, although much other information is included there. Instead, the company uses a series number to identify a vehicle type. Ford's VIN format is as follows:
Position Sample Description 1 1 World Manufacturer Identifier 2 F 3 M 4 Z Restraint type or GVWR class 5 U Model 6 7 7 3 8 E Engine type 9 0 Check digit 10 4 Model year 11 Z Factory ID 12 A Sequential number 13 6 14 9 15 1 16 0 17 1
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote