View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

The GTE has different pistons, a drilled oil feed and drain, comes with an oil cooler (easy to add a better setup to the GE... the GTE's was a piss poor design anyway and should be replaced), it uses two knock sensors in different locations than the N/A's single knock sensor, the GTE has a higher volume oil pump, and the GTE has oil squirters which serve to cool the cast pistons. You may have the block drilled and tapped for thew knock sensors and drilled for the oil drain but you cannot rework the block to add the oil squirters with much effort. You have a difficult time finding a machine shop will to drill an old cast iron block and actually guarantee it... they'll do it but cracks are a slight risk. The oil feed can be sourced by either drilling the stock location or from the blocked 1/8BSP oil port behind the thermostat tower in line with the oil pressure sender.

I've blown up a N/A-T with a lot of work put into fuel and oiling and detonation control, as have many others... I do not recommend it.

The car won't run as well as it could on GTE electronics if it's still N/A.... won't be terrible but you lose the ACIS system. You'll also have to change out the distributor setup for the coil pack setup, the airflow meter, wire harness and a couple other odds and ends.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote