View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
turbonicsperformance
3" Exhaust

turbonicsperformance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonydi View Post
Hey guys I have had my 1988 supra turbo for almost two years now and I finally have some money to start building it up. I am currently planning to order a hks mhg, a blitz sus air cleaner kit, a bic 3 in ddp, a 3 in high flow cat, a hks 3 in drager exhaust, a greddy profec b spec 2 boost controller, a fmic kit from driftmotion as well as sending my turbo to driftmotion to be rebuilt with a 57 trim compressor wheel. Soon after this I also plan to put in a lexus afm, 550cc injectors, a walbro fuel pump, and an apexi afc neo. What else do I need in order to get about 400 whp?
save yourself the trouble and cash and just get a t3 t4 header and run a larger turbo 400hp isnt all that unreasonable and should be able to be obtained easily instead of spending the cash on the hks exhaust have a muffler shop do your exhaust and spend the money else where or even do it yourself rather than 500 on an exhaust spend 100 on pipe and 200 on a welder that you will end up wanting down the road the afc neo will be very helpful as well as the larger injectors i build my own dps all the time for very little money as well as the rest of the exhaust i have a lexus afm along with a short air ram and stock fmic with hard pipes and 3 inch exhaust no boost control and i hit ~10 11 psi all day long on the stock ct26 a 60-70 trim t4 turbo will run you around 400 bucks and you will have the capability 450 500hp with the right injector setup and tune just take time research with a turbo application a little bit of money can go a long long way
to get 400 hp you should be good with
3 inch turbo back exhaust with the right muffler
header and turbo or just your rebuilt turbo search ebay a header is like 150
afc neo
fuel psi reg
fuel pump
injectors (no need to buy new if you want to save some cash just soak them in atf when you get them)
short air ram and lexus afm
you will want a wideband gauge just to be sure you dont screw anything up and it will helo with tuning you neo
fmic kit
metal hg
arp studs
you should be at or above 400hp with this if you feel the need you could also get cheap hp with a meth injection kit dont forget to upgrade your plug wires and get the correct plugs very important ive seen the right plugs give an extra 50hp and the stock ones arent necessarily right depending on the fuel you run with a meth kit or 100+ octane c16/18 etc you want 1 step colder
92 miata 7mgte swap forged pistons,studded mhg, 3 inch dp with a glass pack,blowthrough MAF-T,550cc inj, act stage 2 clutch, fmic kit, greddy rs, full wire tuck, rx7 lsd rear with 4.10s. 15psi "ct26-A"??(waiting on dyno #s) if anyone knows whats up with my turbo let me know it has a larger comp wheel nicer machining and 6 dual fins rather than 5? its confusing and keep finding too much contradicting info. would LLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEE a compressor map
turbonicsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote