View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 09:29 PM   #3
Killongy
Stock

Killongy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
  1. If you don't mind me asking, which circuit track(s) will you be roadracing? Dover?
  2. I'd suggest that we agree on an overall plan for your build before we get into specific brands/links:

You asked "...where can i start for building the engine?...rods, pistons, etc.". The exact answer to this question is: nowhere.

Please allow me to explain. You should definitely NOT start by "rebuilding the internals". 100% for sure. Please, please, please, please (!!!) tell me why you think you need to start by "rebuilding the internals"???? 700rwhp is a walk in the park for a bone-stock 2jz-gte!!! Really!!! In theory, you could even roadrace it at 900rwhp and it'd be just fine with oem bone-stock "internals"!!! I MUST find out who keeps spreading the nasty rumors that the 2jz-gte internals need to be "rebuilt" in order to handle power. Who on earth told you that - where did you hear that or how did you get that impression? Please help me track down the source of this nasty rumor. Sigh.
Next, note that the bone-stock Mkiv TT suspension is also just fine for roadracing too!

To build a 700rwhp daily-driven + roadraced Mkiv TT, here's what you'll need:
  • Turbo kit (~67mm)
  • Aftermarket cams (264s)
  • Fuel system upgrade kit*
  • Engine management electronics (piggyback or ecu replacement)
  • Wider rims (9.5" front, 11.5" rear)
  • Aftermarket exhaust and midpipe
  • Aftermarket intercooler
  • Aftermarket clutch (assuming you'll be roadracing a 6spd)
  • Electronic Boost controller
  • A budget for race fuel (110 octane), or alcohol injection system
Aside from other minor odds-and-ends**, that's pretty much it. Notice my list has no "internals" (unless you want to count the cams). It also has no suspension upgrades. Again, both the oem 2jz-gte and the oem Mkiv TT suspension are just fine for roadracing. If you're super-serious about regularly roadracing, you'll eventually want to invest in some Penske's, Moton's, or Ohlins's...but to me, that's nothing you need to do on the initial 'build'.

*If you set your goals down a bit to ~650rwhp, you can even skip the fuel system completely and go with a big alcohol injection kit instead. This will save you $$$ on race fuel. However, if you have 750rwhp+ in mind eventually, there's no way around a full fuel system upgrade and race fuel.

**Other minor odds and ends include things for circuit track days like an aftermarket driver's seat (holds the driver in position better for roadracing), a 5-pt harness bar (and 5pt harness), roadrace tires (R-compound) for track use, special fluids (diff, coolant), etc.
Mostly Dover not many roadrace tracks in the well actually no roadrace tracks in jamaica =(

I cant really find the rest of the sites i visited to but this is one site that i managed to find after about a hr or so of searching my history
http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthr...2JZ-GTE-engine

Thats what i recall made me think that the engine needed to be rebuilt and also the thought of having a good foundation for the power.

So for the overall plan where do we start?

Last edited by pwpanas; 12-30-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Killongy is offline   Reply With Quote