Thread: My First Build
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 01:19 AM   #1
Cameroonski
3" Exhaust

Cameroonski is on a distinguished road
Default My First Build

This is my 1986.5 Supra that I bought about a year ago on craigslist for $750. Since then I've replaced the clutch, oil pump, put some tokico illumina 2's on there, new wheels, radiator, and plenty of odds and ends. I bought it with a remanufactured head and some other minor work, but due to the head bolts not getting re-torqued, the head gasket went a couple months ago. So I did my first engine pull in my auto tech class and rebuilt the bottom end, resealed it all the way, and made it look pretty. Everything was stock size still, so i replaced rings and bearings and gaskets and kept the pistons. I scratched the head surface at one point and had to take the cams off to get it milled. Luckily this happened, because i noticed a groove in the intake cam on the last oil hole. it would have eventually broken and blew my engine up. lol. I got the new (old) one from my parts car.

Also special thanks to bioskyline, who sent me a piston for only shipping cost after one of mine fell off the table. Being a high school student, i couldn't afford much more on this build at the time and he helped the build finish! thank you

Here's some pics.

I decided to switch it up a little and put SUPRA on the timing belt cover and put the 7MGE on the intake. Let me know what you think! I apologize if the pics are a little blurry, they were taken with my phone.

Last edited by Cameroonski; 12-25-2010 at 01:23 AM.
Cameroonski is offline   Reply With Quote