View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JZDU View Post
dear all,
I just bought a 93 tt supra which has a very weird problem.

Every time I want start the car in a cold morning, the check engine light will come up, the max RPM I can only rev up to 2000rpm then it will go straight down to idle even I am holding the accelerate pedal, felt like car couldn't suck in any air, also petrol smell will become very stronge,
the radiator fan will work even the car was just started.

At first I was trying to ignore it, but car has no power at all, and it does unbelievable shake if I drive it.

however, if the sun comes out, these will all go away.
I have took it to a garage to get a diagnostic code, but they told me car is all good, has no problem, This almost drives me crazy.

can somebody tell me what wrong is it?
I am very appreciated.
1) The garage you took it to sucks. If the check-engine linght comes on, there will be a code stored in your ecu.
2) What you've described seems to be a tough problem to diagnose. Perhaps a sticking idle-air control valve?

I'd suggest starting by reading your own codes:
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/eng...bd1_codes.html
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/eng...bd2_codes.html

I'd suggest you should also check for boost/vacuum leaks by pressurizing your charge-air system.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote