View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 02:05 AM   #8
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

87hilux7mge is on a distinguished road

bt, thanks for the reply, and after looking at some options, the aem is a good system, but id have to get so much other stuff and still end up using the turbo afm. i did some more searching, and talked to a couple buddies round the spokane area. one of which used to build high hp supras and make alot of HP parts for them back in the early-mid 90's. he now makes M and JZ powered buggies and 4x4 trucks.

he suggested going with an SDS (simple digital systems) EFI system which he has used since the early 90s with great results. i checked it out, the EM-4 6F eliminates the afm, running a MAP system. comes complete and the wiring harness only has like 8 wires. tunes with a handheld and can handle up to 30 psi (3 stages: 15, 20 and 30 psi) also runs 3, dual point coil pack system.

looks like a legit system, much more complete than the aem, although it is 1700 bux. ill have to make a crank sensor setup, but my buddy said hed help with that and its not too hard.

prolly will go with this, as it will be easy to tune and it also offers on the fly adjustment. with this in the n/a version, i should see around 200-220 rwhp, and about 185-190 with 4wd. after the super charger, at 5 psi i figure a 20% increase (on my firebird it was 30%) so 230-260ish. 7-8 psi pulley will probably yield the best drivability to power ratio. if i wanna go to drag nights ill toss the 10psi pulley on and get close to 300.

neway, i believe this system comes with everything i need besides injectors (some stock gte ones should be fine under boost) the map sensor, knock sensor, and a couple other small things.

if anyone has had experience with this hit me up.

heres the link to their site: http://www.sdsefi.com/specific.html
87hilux7mge is offline   Reply With Quote