View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #12
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Lotus has used Toyota components for a very long time. They use parts from a number of other manufacturers too. Their chief designer designed the MR2's suspension and the company's lab worked on tuning it... It's argued that they also played a great roll in the initial frame work of the vehicle (Toyota needed to learn the tricks to build a mid engine car that they could get on the market fast and without a lot of their own $$$ going into R&D... and they just happened to own controlling stake in a company that specialized in it.)

Lotus uses Yamaha designed heads (same as the 2). Toyota owned controlling stock in Lotus for a long time and as such they both contributed to eachother's product development and implementation.

Supposedly Lotus was also responsible for the fine tuning of the Supra's suspension although I don't know what generations and I've only seen it mentioned a couple times.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote