View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 06:13 PM   #8
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

They can both make it fall on it's face... you not listening? The speed signal is required for the ECT to calculate when to shift. The knock sensor error I've already explained in detail.

It's more common for the knock sensor's wiring to degrade than for the sensor's to go bad. A rewire using radio grade coax is common and recommended... from the sound of it the previous owner may have tried that and either did it wrong or poorly OR the knock sensor is indeed bad. How much the speedo cable will cost to replace depends on which segment and where you buy the replacement. The lower segment should be under $25.

Are you doing your own work or paying a shop?

If you're on a budget and don't expect that to change or if you need a reliable daily driver or you can't do your own work then these probably aren't the cars for you.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote