View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 07:01 AM   #3
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

It's a hybrid or dual valve... they're pretty hard to screw up. I'd just build my own... oh wait. :P (see the link below)

I recommend against running it in the engine bay. Boost controllers should not be installed in any way that adds significantly to the volume of the signal line (10 feet of extra vacuum hose causes a lag in responsiveness and provides a LOT of area for a leak). Install it under the hood, tune it for the desired boost, mark it and if you want a second stage tune for that and mark it. I've seen some people make in cabin controls using aircraft cable and a worm gear type setup on top of the boost controller... You can also setup a dual pressure system using the type of blow off valve you show with a little modification and a spare 12v vacuum solenoid.

http://www.gusmahon.org/html/boostcontrol.htm The third one explains how this type works.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote