View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 02:31 PM   #14
Jackalope501
Stock

Jackalope501 is on a distinguished road

Buffing Products:

There are hundreds of products out there making all kinds of claims, so let's boil off the fat and use what really works. From a professional standpoint I use Malco products like Lite Finish:

Lite Finish is the product I use on most buffing jobs. Combined with a wool pad, this will whack out most paint imperfections like oxidation and scratches. You can buy this stuff in several sizes, so I don't recommend the gallon unless you have a shop. You can get pints and quarts. A pint will do most cars used corerctly. (with an applicator)

CAUTION! Do NOT store buffing products in a cold garage! Once they freeze, they separate...then the shit is worthless. Protect your investment by keeping them in a warm place.

Ok, so you may not have access to Malco products, what then?

Meguiars makes some pretty good stuff as well, and you can get it anywhere. They also make heavier compounds, but this is the one we'll compare to Malco's Lite Finish.

If you have to go heavier because Lite Finish or Meguiars isn't pulling it out of your paint, then these are our options...

Meguiars Heavy Cut Cleaner:

Or what I use myself, Malco's Tru-Grit:

Also available in several sizes...gallons are for shops. Honestly, I'm almost reluctant to advise on these products to anyone without buffing experience, but we'll cover more on that as we go. Suffice it to say this shit can do some serious damage to paint if you use it incorrectly, but it pulls out shit you would not believe.

Last edited by Jackalope501; 11-19-2010 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Addition of more info
Jackalope501 is offline   Reply With Quote