View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 02:14 AM   #7
Jackalope501
Stock

Jackalope501 is on a distinguished road
Default Wax on...wax off

Waxing:

NEVER WAX OR BUFF HOT PAINT...PERIOD!

I could give you a plethera of horror stories here...suffice it to say you don't need to apply half a can of wax and leave it on your car for 3 days.

Yes, I've actually seen it done....

Stay away from any products made by Simoniz or TurtleWax. You'd be better off pissing on the paint after you wash it. They are full of gorilla snot (silicone) and other additives that do no good for your car. The same goes for Colorback 2000, and all those other "once a year" products. If you care about your car so little, call me and I'll come get it...

Here's what I recommend, Malco Imperial Paste Wax:

Simply the best product I've ever used for waxing a car. You may have to go online to buy it, and it costs a bit more per can, but this one can of wax will last you 10 years with your personal car. Yes, I know I said these were products that you could buy almost anywhere, but the fact is nothing on the store shelf comes close.

Application:
Keep a small container full of warm water. About the size of a coffee can should do. Wet your applicator by submerging it and squeezing 2-3 times, pull it out of the water and squeeze it twice. Now you're ready to apply the wax. After each body panel or two, re-wet and re-squeeze it for best results. Start in the same place on the car every time, and go in the same direction. Swipe the applicator in the wax, and wipe it on the paint in a straight side to side manner. One swipe through the wax should get you a body panel or two...it doesn't take much. Follow the body lines of the car to keep from skipping spots.

Once you've made it all the way around, remove the wax with very soft terrycloth or microfiber towels. If it's your first time with this wax, repeat the process a second time...wax on, wax off. The Malco Imperial wax should last you a month or two, depending on how much you wash the car. It won't build up on your paint even if you use it every week. Feel free to use it on your chrome and your exterior windows too.

Tomorrow, we're gonna start buffing....

Last edited by Jackalope501; 11-16-2010 at 02:34 AM.
Jackalope501 is offline   Reply With Quote