Thread: i want it load
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #3
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I was sooooooo hoping the first reply would just go along with the need for a huge load.

Answers: Turbo + 3" exhaust with low restriction resonator and muffler = louder and deeper. 3" w/o resonator and fart can muffler = stupid (I hate driving my car) loud, kinda farty (like a REALLY BIG Honduh Civic) and get's you a lot of tickets... I worked on one with this setup.... god that car was dumb, got me pulled over each of the few times I drove it and I ended up wearing heavy duty ear plugs even outside of the garage because of the headaches.... Actually, the 3.5" setup I worked on wasn't bad though.... MASSIVE truck cat and resonator, Magnaflow muffler.... deep... deep enough to make your gut shake, but not absolute murder.

Non-turbo owers, 2.5" pipe, GOOD muffler and resonator (Borla and AeroTurbo) will give a nice deeper tone that's a lot louder than stock when you lean on the throttle.... but there's NOTHING that's going to give you that movie sound other than a complete swap to a higher displacement engine... and it's not worth the trouble. EDIT: I suppose it's worth mentiopning that going too large on the piping will cost you power as well.

But, to keep it simple... the cars in the movies don't even sound like themselves. And working for just a certain sound is a waste of time and money.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 11-15-2010 at 08:06 PM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote