View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
Jackalope501
Stock

Jackalope501 is on a distinguished road
Default Sorry about the delay...

Good timing killa, I just got back yesterday. Wife's mom was having surgery over in Europe, so I've been gone a bit. I'll get on the rest of the detail stuff later today.

Now, for the clearcoat problem:

You could be right on both accounts. Nothing protects your finish like regular quality waxing, but if the paint/clearcoat was applied poorly then it's only a matter of time... I'm lucky here, I have access to some very good touch-up guys. No, not the kind that use the little bottles with nail polish brushes, I mean real painters. Contact your high-end dealers locally, because somebody knows a similar crew in your area. Last time I did it, we had a Mustang GT that had been scrubbed over so many parking lot twinkies you could see a lot of rubbermaid yellow on the bottom of the nose cap. They blended it so well, you couldn't find it afterward, for about $75.oo USD. That's extremely affordable if you care about your car, right? Afterwards, keep a quality carnuba wax on it for maximum longevity. Let me know if this helps...

I'll get into exterior finishing later today...
Jackalope501 is offline   Reply With Quote