Thread: New to Supras
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 05:56 PM   #1
scruffboy
walbro fp

scruffboy is on a distinguished road
Unhappy New to Supras

I'm just starting out with a Supra (1989 non-turbo) and could use a little help with all the acronyms. My motor is a 7MGE and body type MK3. I assume if u insert a t it means turbo. What is this jzgte, a newer motor? How about n/a, naturally aspirated? I'm in my 40's and the last car I had fun with was a 69 Camaro I bought during a stint in the Marines. The engines on the Supras seem a bit more complicated. Just changing out the plugs is a real pain, and man are the wires expensive. Other than that, I love the combination of muscle car/sports car/luxury of the Supra. I have ABS (which was pretty neat for 1989), a power sun roof, power locks, doors, seats, mirrors and just about anything else that moves. There is also a security system, which when I cleaned my battery terminals kicked in and now bye-bye radio. Anyone know how to get it back? The LED reads SEC for security I assume and I don't have the code. I called Toyota's main office to see if they could check their records but no luck and the local dealer wanted 92 dollars, which could buy me a brand new radio but I'd like to keep it stock. Any help please?
scruffboy is offline   Reply With Quote