View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 08:02 AM   #2
zby67
3" Exhaust

zby67 is on a distinguished road

ok that makes alot of sense and opens my eyes to the reasons why everyone says the GE is a money pit. wish this was posted sooner instead of me going out and finding mods i want to do lol. im guessing if i go with a 1JZ or 2JZ i cant use the trans i have? what is required for the conversion? and with the 7M-GTE will bolt onto my auto trans would be most effective. just get oil cooler and intercool. what else is required? cause at suprastore they give you just about everything you need. before i was just looking to make my supra look kick ass with balls to back it up with out going over board. which is why i figured just rebuild bore over .20 shave head .10 and add MHG with afew other mods. and go balls to the wall when i find a 1990 supra with the GTE and R154 trans. but with a engine gasket hit with pistons and new oil pump being like 400-500. and all the mods i want to do = total of 9k-10k with out even touching the body with body restore im looking 2-3k if not alittle more. also would adding this eather the steel or aluminum help and by how much? http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/part...veshafts//5545