Thread: mk4 performance
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 06:20 AM   #1
kylej
Stock

kylej is on a distinguished road
Default mk4 performance

Okay I decided to go about this a different way... I live in Canada and imported a JDM mk4 Supra, twin turbo. I want to know where to start for upgrades, I got deep pockets as I've been working in the oilfield for the past 6 months. I know all about BPU and APU.

I'm thinking;
Full 4" exhaust for max power
Intake
Greddy BCC (Boost Cut Controller)
Boost Controller
Blow Off Valve
Hosing (Can't stand when stock hosing cracks and you get leaks and shit)
Turbo Timer
Intercooler
Cam Gears? (5 bolt)
Cam Shaft?

What about things like injectors? I am tempted to just wait and put in a whole twin fuel system for 2000 instead of just injectors?
I'm also aware about things called Plug n Play? They are ECU upgrades or fuel system upgrades that are already set to go? Is this a good idea or is it better to do a full installation instead of this instant stuff? As well as intake manifolds? What about other things like fuel regulators or different o2 sensors, I heard the stock ones aren't very accurate. I haven't looked around to compare brand yet but if I am spending this amount of money on the car I am going to put the best of the best stuff in it, maybe not a 2000$ air filter, but I'm not going to put in wal-mart brand stuff. If anyone can answer any of these questions let me know, as well as brand suggestions.

Thanks, Kyle

PS: I'll posting pictures of my baby as soon as it gets here
kylej is offline   Reply With Quote