View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 08:46 PM   #15
zby67
3" Exhaust

zby67 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandavi View Post
regardless what you do with your NA (unless you make it into a 7MGE-t (thats a turbo addon to a non turbo 7M which I would not recommend) your not going to notice any massive pull increase. Dollar for dollar your better just dropping in a 7mGTE or doing a 1JZ swap.

I have done a ton of reading in this and the 1JZ is the best overall, however the 7MGTE is acceptable as well (and cheaper).

Unless you are going to put it on a track though, you dont need to do massive upgrades. Personally, if I owned a NA, I would do what I could to get it running solid and at peak efficiency, I wouldnt mod the hell out of it. Its not worth it in my mind. Large overbore = large $$ considering you would probably be thinking cams/pistons, etc.. going to cost you more than actually turbo'ing it.
hmmm the a normal rebuild and just add cams, cold air intake and a new exhaust cause the car needs one anyway. then do body work and if i cant find the 1990 supra im looking for ill go GTE and have fun moding the car for stick. thanks for the info. im just trying to get as much as i can out of the GE was all i was looking for.