Thread: Auto to Manual
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 03:27 AM   #2
bioskyline
3" Exhaust

bioskyline is on a distinguished road

my swap cost me just under 4000 bucks, but i got all new parts for my swap, only got the 5 spd and the pedals used, but at an auto wreckers you should be able to get all you need for 500-1000, depending on the yard

as for easyness, if its a 88 you will already have the clutch master cyl hole drilled in the firewall, so just pop the rubber plug and everything bolts in.

what you need:
a 5spd trans
flywheel, clutch, pp etc and most important is the release bearing hub, as this is a reusable part and will not ship with a new clutch kit (atleast my stage 3 never did)
driveshaft, amazingly the auto and 5 spd shaft are almost the same, the auto shaft is 1/4 shorter, and the spine pattern fits. go figure.
crossmember. i think the crossmembers were the same, but if yout getting a used tranny from a junkyard just take the x-member with it. new mount is prob good idea at this point.

and you will need the clutch master pedal assembly and just the brake pedal from a 5 spd. the pedal will bolt inplace of the auto one, and all cluctch lines etc.

i took me 8 hours to do the swap in a full shop with a hoist, so is very doable in a weekend in your driveway.

other issue you need to fix is the neutral start switch, and back up lights, but abs and spedo plug in fine.
bioskyline is offline   Reply With Quote