View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 01:21 AM   #13
rjSupra
3" Exhaust

rjSupra is on a distinguished road
Default my 2 cents on the screamer

I'll weigh in here,
my turbo 1988 is a weak little kitten. very unimpressive.
BUT when you spool up the turbo and it hits, it is a pure screamer and drives your back into the seat like almost no other car I've been in... it's pure grins and giggles... way more exciting feel than say my Acura Integra and other much quicker cars. It 'feels' a lot faster than a Porsche Boxster for example. Don't know what the numbers would say, but comparatively, that Boxster is a bore. (I think the tires are too grippy for it's own good).

I also hear the stock non-turbo feels faster and stronger by a measurable amount if you compare it to the turbo and don't have the turbo boost up. There's different compression ratios etc... that make the N/A car feel faster at low revs, low torque etc... But again, I have to guess the N/A can't really compare to the turbo on boost or full boost. My two cents. And by the way, I am driving an auto. (I wonder a lot about the 5 speed - I got sold all the parts to convert it with the car, but am a) 'chicken' to convert at the moment, b) have to use in heavy traffic until I have another daily driver c) dealing with some other significant mechanical problems that have the car sidelined and un-driveable until I repair them (mystery top front motor coolant leak, and very bad PS fluid leak for example).

Last edited by rjSupra; 10-13-2010 at 01:24 AM.
rjSupra is offline   Reply With Quote