View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 06:39 AM   #31
zby67
3" Exhaust

zby67 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverb View Post
So I replaced the fuses on the drivers side, rechecked the fuses up front, and tested the battery. They are all good.

And yet the only thing that works are the front lights, the hazard lights, and the horn. Nothing else, not the dash, not the heat, not even the back tail lights.

I feel like a complete idiot, but where exactly is the starter, and how do I get to it? I tried running down the battery cable, but once it went under the engine I lost total track of it.

Also, the steering wheel is a pain to turn, I have to force it to move an inch. Could this be because of the alarm that someone mentioned earlier?
the starter is on the side of the engine. ware the bat sits. its kinda hard to get to but iv had to switch one out twice. the other thing i would check is the cables and connections to the bat i would even try a new alternator and when trying to get her started leave the bat on a charger so it doesn't drain. the two other things i would check out are the starter relay and the inanition switch. the replay is on the passenger side kick pan. if thoughts don't work i would check all your connections make sure there getting power. and as for the steering weal being a b*tch that is most likely your rack and pinion.

hope you figure out what the problem is!
Mike