View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 11:34 PM   #3
rjSupra
3" Exhaust

rjSupra is on a distinguished road

Thanks Travis89!

I'll look into that. Never drove one of these with a manual, so I guess I have no idea how good it could be. I AM curious. The auto (turbo) has some pretty dramatic turbo lag which I've never dealt with before (no turbo in my past), and was sort of wondering about having full manual control of the gearbox and revs, and just how good that might be.

The Transmission switch seems pretty, uh, intimidating to me. I am keeping the parts in case, but... probably won't fix it if it ain't broke as they say for now.

I guess the original owner had it for a long time, and was a huge enthusiast of it, the car came with the original manual and some other goodies. I had hoped that he did the HG or had it done... sort of have been crossing my fingers. But yeah, I read here and on Wikipedia that Toy really dropped the ball and factory released them all flawed and under torqued. One thing I read today which makes me happy is the timing belt is not a 'zero clearance' motor like my older Integra - the timing belt snap on that model fries your motor.

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.