View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 02:52 AM   #34
Travis89Turbo
12psi boost

Travis89Turbo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conga1991 View Post
I did get a brand new battery, the reading is from the big wire coming from the battery. and yes I grounded it to the block but when i put the positive on the post it the wire I grounded to the block sparked both ends and melted some of the ground wire that was on the negative post.

It shouldn't do that...... so what I think is goin on is that washer that is on the starter caused the big or main cable to ground out on the starter its self. The 400mv u are getting is from a ground loop or otherwise known as ghost voltage so it has an open in the line. probably the fuse but possible ly the cable itself. So get a new fuse and get u a washer u can make one pretty easy out of any plastic but is try to go Atleast 1/16" make sure your connections are good and id check the ground wire for continuity to make sure it didn't break from bein shorted. Unlikey cuz the fuse is a lot weaker then the wire.. and this is assuming u had a good ground when tested the big wire.

Another way to check this is run a new cable straight from the battery to the starter and see if it fires.. with a new washer of course or you will have fireworks

1995 Toyota Supra SE 71k miles. Master power T70
stock 2jzge

1989 Toyota Supra. 1jzgte swap 5 speed of course..
Driftmotion 60-1 single turbo kit. Cxracing FMIC. 2jz 550cc injectors... soon to come..... EMS Stinger. BC 264 cams 680cc injectors Spec stage 4 clutch and A LOT of boost!------SOLD

1999 Ford F350 diesel

2004 Jaguar XJR Supercharged

If it hasnt broke you haven pushed it hard enough!!

Last edited by Travis89Turbo; 09-19-2010 at 02:54 AM.
Travis89Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote