View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 10:42 PM   #10
bradenman1
3" Exhaust

bradenman1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis89Turbo View Post
My facuation with the 1jz is experience i have had both and the m series engine is way more prone to oil leaks. And coolant leaks even after replacing all hoses. It's still a bad ass motor but is very old technology. Head gasket even after repairing still have a high chance of leaking due to poor design of the head. but I'm not a 7m hater I have built two and one over 500hp. And it was fast. but it seemed after every race there would be a new leak somewhere.

As far as the swap goes. It is hella easy. I would put it next to swapping a honda if the wiring wasn't so tedious but 7 bills can fix that. And with just a turbo upgrade u can have 600hp with a stock engine. That's why I fell inlove with the jz series. Not to mention all the details of the engineering differences that makes it so reliable and strong. I bought mIne as a front clip so I could have actual miles which was 48k BTW. And that motor was absolutely spotless not a drop of oil anywhere on it and it dropped in and runs like a champ. but be catious of buying an engune the company I got mine from sent me video of it running in the clip and did a compresion check on the video
what company did you buy the engine from if i can get an engine like that comp tested and runing in video id be alot more at ease about buying one

1995 NIssan altima with 2 year old pant on black Drag DR-8 17x7 Wheels with brand new Goodyear Eagle GT's
Custom Blue Parking lights with White silverstar head lights
JDM Ebay Catback Exhaust.
K&N air filter.
(Totaled Due To An Idiot)

bone stock (for now) 1990 Supra Turbo With a brand new CT-26 Turbo And New Exhaust Manifold. Now With A Brand New Blown Head Gasket

Now driving a 99 Nissan Maxima 5spd with the passanger side bashed in from passing out at the wheel nice cars ehh??
bradenman1 is offline   Reply With Quote