View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 02:43 AM   #1
bradenman1
3" Exhaust

bradenman1 is on a distinguished road
Default Need Help and opinnions on my rebuild!!!

ok so i have a 7mgte with a blown head gasket (shocker :P) and valves that have broken loose and are now slapping against the pistons and head, i planned to rebuild the car almost completely with engine rebuild, MHG, intercooler and BOV, oil cooler, and alot more. my problem is i priced a complete rebuild at Driftmotion with upgraded oil pump/oil pan, forged pistons, all machine work, new stock valves (if the head is usable), full arp hardware, 7/8 exhaust stud upgrade, braided internal oil line, and probably more that i cant remember. this was all for 400 whp reliably for everyday use and room to grow if i wanted to. If im going to redo everything anyway would it be more benificial and cheaper for me to swap in a 2jz and build from there??? idk what to do im stuck at this point both seem like good options but idk which way to go.

also i have heard very good things about the builds driftmotion does and all their machine work is well done from what iv read, does anyone have any imput on this or have had an engine rebuilt with them id like to know how your experience was with them before i decide to send my 7mgte off to them or try to sorce a 2j depending on which way i go.

thank you for reading all help is greatly appreciated

1995 NIssan altima with 2 year old pant on black Drag DR-8 17x7 Wheels with brand new Goodyear Eagle GT's
Custom Blue Parking lights with White silverstar head lights
JDM Ebay Catback Exhaust.
K&N air filter.
(Totaled Due To An Idiot)

bone stock (for now) 1990 Supra Turbo With a brand new CT-26 Turbo And New Exhaust Manifold. Now With A Brand New Blown Head Gasket

Now driving a 99 Nissan Maxima 5spd with the passanger side bashed in from passing out at the wheel nice cars ehh??
bradenman1 is offline   Reply With Quote