View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 05:52 PM   #13
Ranma
12psi boost

Ranma is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking 愚か

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis89Turbo View Post
If u want reliable go jz. There's no question that the 7mgte has some reliabltiy problems which is why I went jz series. U might make it to the low 12s but its gonna take a lot more HP then the jz based on the 300 pound difference in the motors. And its gonna sacrifice an import not a muscle car..there are plenty of cars for u guys to ruin. But why ruin one that has a Toyota engine capable of 900hp with stock internals. Let's see a v8 top that.... now if u were putting in in LS motor then maybe is keep My mouth shut. But u guys are talkin about some of the oldest technology on the road and u dare to call it reliable?? And like I said before A SPORTS CAR IS NOT A POOR MAN'S RIDE.. A jz would run a v8 to the ground at any competition. Especially reliability . Do your research before u start claiming a 60 s design is more reliable then a 90s
Ick putting a GM engine into a Toyota just sounds WRONG. I am not a big fan of anything made by the Heartbreak of America, today's Government Motors. The head gasket blew probably because it was torqued incorrectly. You will save yourself a world of headaches by putting in a replacement engine or rebuilding the old engine. Nothing on the drive train will work right and there will be weight and balance troubles. So you are looking at a new transmission and probably rear end. The electrical system will not work right, the suspension is wrong. I would not trust a car with a very different engine. The builders went through a lot of effort when they designed theses cars. There will be those things the backyard designer will forget.
Yea you could put a small block Chevy engine into her but the car will not be the same. If you want a GM pony car go out and get an old Camero or Firebird. You can have that "great GM feeling" and it will not bankrupt you.