View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
thevicfox
Stock

thevicfox is on a distinguished road
Default new owner of the 87 Miami "Vicemobile"

Hi. I'm a new member to this forum. Just bought a black 87 Supra on Ebay that lived it's whole life with one owner in Miami. I paid very little for the car but the dealer misrepresented quite a bit. Starter blew out 24 hours after I bought it, had it towed to Larry's Service Center in Miami Beach (these guys rule!) and found a major oil leak in the front of the engine, a leaking valve cover gasket, leaking water pump, blown starter, old timing belts, deteriorated thermostat, clogged fuel lines, and so on... $1200 in repairs later I still got a great car for a great price and drove it 2000 miles back to Austin, where I live. I'm used to working on 60's and 70's American cars, so this is my first 80's project. This will be my daily driver but I'm setting aside a small chunk of change each month to make improvements. I'll be getting a new dash and steering wheel, dealing with a little rust issue on the hatchback near the right side of the spoiler, getting a new front bumper, replacing the crappy old side molding, charging up the freon on the A/C for that extra icy blast (it's 104 today) and adding some zip. The engine seems to be running strong but when I floor it or accelerate going up hill it doesn't have a whole lot of get up and go. Any thoughts? I found some mechanics in my area called Japanese Auto Tech and just ordered my Chilton guide. Would love some links to good parts resources too. I'll do the basic stuff myself and leave the big stuff to the pros.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newcar!.JPG
Views:	369
Size:	207.3 KB
ID:	3372   Click image for larger version

Name:	!!gSvKb!!mE~$(KGrHqZ,!iQEw5Euqft(BMUghPqwn!~~_4.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	3373   Click image for larger version

Name:	!!gSvKgw!mE~$(KGrHqF,!i0Ew5WCg,OFBMUgk!!1tQ~~_4.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	3374   Click image for larger version

Name:	!!gSvKhwCGE~$(KGrHqF,!hsEw5B7hiuuBMUgkdwOY!~~_4.JPG
Views:	326
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	3375   Click image for larger version

Name:	!!gSvLLwCGE~$(KGrHqJ,!i!Ew5FV5-9dBMUgpNiMCw~~_4.JPG
Views:	326
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	3377  

Last edited by thevicfox; 08-25-2010 at 10:41 PM.
thevicfox is offline   Reply With Quote