View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
MK3_supragirl
Stock

MK3_supragirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Denver, eh? Interesting. I know a lot of Supra owners out here... never met one female owner... actually not true, are you in your mid 60's, live in Cherry Creek and drive a mint 89+, white turbo? If so, we've never met but I've seen you on the road and the car parked out in front of your house a lot.

3" aluminum molding.... we're not talking about a Supra then. What is this mounting to and is it bare aluminum or painted or powder coated? How did you prep the two surfaces before trying the 3M tape and what type/grade of tape was it? There are many different 3M double stick tapes and a few different automotive tapes.

Female, yes, but not mid-60s in Cherry Creek....... mid-30s in Aurora. Possible you havn't seen me because I spend way too much time in my garage! I molest old bikes, spent this whole summer restoring and converting a 79 yama xs650 to a cafe racer. But that's a whole other forum....

Anyway, it most certainly is a supra, lol. 87 supra, 7m-GTE turbo, pearl white, in spectacular condition - although mechanically needs some tweaking. I tried to attach a photo, hopefully it attached.

Beneath the molding it's a painted surface, cleaned it with an all-purpose cleaning product but then wiped it down with rubbing alcohol. Don't have the tape in front of me but bought it at an auto parts store, pkg said it was for trim/molding etc. Think I'm going to try again, maybe didn't get the back of the molding clean enough. It's hard to get to that part without pulling molding off more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	my 87 turbo supra.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	3356  
MK3_supragirl is offline   Reply With Quote