View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 07:09 AM   #3
Sapar
Stock

Sapar is on a distinguished road
Default Power at Igniter

Just checked the power at the igniter as it gets its power from the Ignition switch. I have 12v at the noise filter and the Black and Orange wires on both A and B igniter.

So I am getting power from Ignition 2 switch from the key. (as proved by having 12v at the 7.5A IGN fuse.)

Now my Diagram says that the power goes like this.

Battery -> 30 Amp fuse (Checked) -> Ignition SW -> IG2 position -> I20 Junction (no idea where that is) -> splits to igniter (has power) / splits to 7.5A IGN fuse (has power) -> Then somehow into ECU which is the other side of the car, but also being part of the engine wiring harness. I think it hooks up on the igniter plugs. to ECU A-plug at position 1 (no power)

I am convinced that this is my problem. Somehow I do not have power from the fuse to the ECU.

One interesting thing to note is that with the -'ve terminal off the battery, I have 12V from Resister activator side or EFI Main relay to -'ve Battery Terminal. While I cannot get the 12v at position 1 on relay with the battery connected and the keys on.

Is this something note worthy? Did I forget to reinstall a ground? Or am I grounding the wire somewhere where it should not be?

I allways have 12v from 3 on the main relay.

Anyways I am getting reads but no one seems to know whats going on.
Hoping someone can through me some ideas!

Last edited by Sapar; 08-12-2010 at 07:29 AM. Reason: more info
Sapar is offline   Reply With Quote