Thread: Neeed Helpp..
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #12
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you've got an incomplete and rather distorted image of the world in your head...

The cost for a shop to do a HG is going to vary GREATLY depending on the local market. There's not one shop out here that would make that quote that I trust to open a jar for me.... that and i have very little faith in tuner shops.

Another problem with just phoning up is that most shops just estimate it "by the book".... then things start breaking, they realize the block has to be pulled and machined due to warpage and pitting (or worse they just leave it as is and the HG blows again in a year). It's a 20+ year old engine which has most likely been beaten and abused its entire life.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote